Sunday, June 15, 2008

Daddy's Day

Okay, it's not my style to get sappy on this blog but I'm going to make an exception. So if you're not into sappy, stop reading now! Today we celebrate Father's Day and Elise, Miles and I are lucky to have a daddy/husband as AWESOME as Trent. It seems like super-moms get all the credit and super-dads are often overlooked. And Trent is super-dad. There is nothing that he can't or won't do for our kids. For Elise... it's swimming, chasing, reading, playing, teaching, trips to school and more. He takes over bath-time without complaint because it's my least favorite parenting task. For Miles... smiling, tickling, rocking, singing (funny made-up songs about bodily functions). And did I mention that he cooks and cleans? When my girlfriends complain about their husbands, I can't join in because I couldn't ask for a better husband or father to our kids. All he wanted for Father's Day was to spend time with our family. No fancy meals or electronic gadgets. As I write this, he is swimming with Elise at the local pool. I promise that future blog entries will be less sentimental, but for today YAY Trent!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH Lindsay - sappy does not describe your wonderful Father's Day tribute to Trent! He is an amazing daddy and husband - I've seen that for years!

You are all very lucky - and so am I to be able to spend so much time with you all.

xxoo Grandma Carole (counting the hours)

Unknown said...

What a great post. And it is a great feeling to not be able to join in. :) We look forward to meeting Miles soon!