Sunday, May 25, 2008

Day at Mount Lemmon







On Saturday, we went to Mount Lemmon with the triplets and their parents. From our house it takes about an hour to reach the summit (10,000 feet). And there was actually snow there! We stopped about 1/2 way up for a cookout and the kids had a great time exploring, climbing and getting dirty. Miles slept through most of the trip so the fresh piney air must have agreed with him. At the summit, temps average about 30 degrees cooler than in Tucson so it's a great summer day trip. Elise liked throwing the snow around, but Trent and I were unimpressed. I guess we haven't been gone long enough to appreciate snow...

3 comments:

Heather Heino said...

! Did you carry Miles all the way in his car seat? Looks like a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

What does Heather mean? How else would you carry him? I guess without the carseat, duh!

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a great day trip! I remember getting crabby when we drove up there years ago - scary! Elise looked like a real trooper!

Grandma Carole

Heather Heino said...

Our car seat HAS to weigh at least a hundred pounds and I struggle just to carry it down the hallway... so I mean, 'did you really hike carrying the car seat?'.

I hope Lindsay at least made Trent carry it!